Academic Competitiveness Grant
The Academic Competitiveness Grant was made available for the first time for the 2006 - 2007 school year for first year college students who graduated from high school after January 1, 2006, and for second year college students who graduated from high school after January 1, 2005. The Academic Competitiveness Grant award is in addition to the student's Pell Grant award.
QualificationsTo be eligible for this grant you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be a Federal Pell Grant recipient
- Be enrolled full-time in a degree program
- Be enrolled in the first or second academic year of his or her program of study at a two-year or four-year degree-granting institution
- Have completed a rigorous secondary school program of study (after January 1, 2006, if a first-year student, and after January 1, 2005, if a second-year student)
- If a first-year student, not have been previously enrolled in an undergraduate program
- If a second-year student, have at least a cumulative 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale for the first academic year
The maximum the Academic Competitiveness Grant will provide is $750 for the first year of undergraduate study and $1,300 for the second year of undergraduate study.
For more information about the FSEOG, please see the Department of Education .